Dr. Alan Geller offers the following Psychiatric Services in Brooklyn, NY.
A Childhood Evaluation is an assessment of the child and their immediate family, that provides a determination of how well the potentials of the child are being fulfilled. The evaluation is based on information gathered from the child, the family and other relevant persons. This information focuses on the child’s history including genetic, maturational, and environmental factors as well as child-parent interactions. A sophisticated and accurate initial evaluation is the cornerstone for establishing the most appropriate treatment
An Evaluation of Adults is an extensive assessment of short-term stressors and long-term conditions while focusing on the most appropriate treatment options
Individual Psychotherapy or Talk Therapy’s most basic goal is to create a therapeutic relationship as a temporary bridge for each and every patient. There is universal recognition for the positive effects of emotional support and a stable, caring atmosphere in the management of all patients
- Supportive Psychotherapy – is firmly grounded in the medical model, in which the patient is seen as suffering from an organically-based illness that requires treatment from a physician who will actively prescribe and do something for the patient
- Behavioral Psychotherapy – is concerned with problems as they exist in the present as well as with the development of such problems, but only to the extent of understanding the current problems better. The focus is on the behaviors displayed by the child/adult within a particular condition and not the possible underlying influences
- Cognitive Psychotherapy – aims to correct specific habitual errors in thinking by using verbal interventions and behavioral modification techniques
- Brief Psychotherapy – incorporates purposeful limits, in time or the number of sessions, to achieve a specific identified clinical goal
• Understanding the interactional dynamics of the family
• Mobilizing the family’s inherent strengths and resources
• Re-Structuring maladaptive behavioral styles
• Strengthening of family problem-solving behaviors
Variables known to impact the practice of psychopharmacology include; the psychological meaning to the patient about taking medicine, the family’s reactions to giving their child medication and other social influences
Buprenorphine/Suboxone Induction & Maintenance is used for the treatment of opiate dependence as well as pain management.
Buprenorphine is a partial mu opioid receptor agonist approved as an alternative to methadone outpatient treatment for both the detoxification and maintenance of opiate addiction (contraindicated during pregnancy)